The BFF’s are so excited to be participating in the Release Week Event for Emeralds by K.A. Linde. Take a sneak peek into the book below and make sure to enter the giveaway for a chance to win a signed set of the entire series (Diamonds, Gold and Emeralds)!
The first time at least.
Then he shows up late one night at Trihn’s ballet company, and all bets are off. Trihn knows that she should be careful. But when it comes to Preston Whitehall, she throws all her carefully constructed reasons for not dating out the window.
He’s cunning, charming, and hot as sin. And he knows exactly how to use those qualities to get what he wants. Soon, Trihn is dragged deeper and deeper into his rapidly intensifying whirlwind.
But where a storm is brewing…destruction and devastation follow.
Find out how Trihn goes from prodigy to party girl in this sexy full-length prequel to Platinum in the USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde’s All That Glitters series.
BFF K’s Review
Emeralds is an intriguing story with a gut-wrenching twist! Though it is a part of the All That Glitters Series, it can definitely be read as a stand-alone. I have not read any of the other books in this series, but I’m curious now about how things will turn out for Trihn. If you have read this book/series, send me a message here or on Facebook – I’m anxious to talk with someone about a couple of these characters!
Trihn is an interesting character. She has had a wide variety of experiences and keeps the different sides of her life and her personality very separate. One afternoon she literally runs into the handsome and charismatic Preston. He tracks her down (borderline stalkerish) and the two begin a whirlwind affair. Trihn has some interesting and complicated relationships with the main people in her life, particularly her parents and sister.
I want to give a warning – there is cheating in this story. I was NOT prepared for this or the big mind-twist that threw things off-course in several ways. I’m not a fan of stories with cheating in the plot-line and I think that likely hampered my overall enjoyment of the story. If a cheating plotline isn’t something that bothers you and you like a story with some serious angst and unexpected twists, you should definitely check out Emeralds!
An ARC of this book was received in exchange for an honest review.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT EMERALDS
- Emeralds is primarily set in New York City. I went there for a weekend to do research for this book, and all of the places they go to (even if not specifically named) are real!
- Trihn is a ballerina at a dance studio in the city. Name changed from what it is in real life, but based off of the New York City ballet.
- I danced all forms of dance growing up and recently took up pole dancing. These are all centered around Trihn as she is a very accomplished dancer. All the moves she does in ballet or otherwise are real choreographed steps!
- This is the first book I’ve ever written in romance where the main character has an older sister.
- Trihn is basically the polar opposite of Bryna, the main character from Diamonds and Gold. She was really fun and difficult to write, because she is incredibly nuanced and has a personality that compartmentalizes her feelings and relationships depending on who she is with. I think that’s why Bryna and Trihn work as friends. Bryna holds Trihn up, and Trihn holds Bryna back. You’ll get to know Trihn so much more in this book and come to love her!
USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde has written the Avoiding series and the Record series as well as the new adult novels Following Me and Take Me for Granted. She grew up as a military brat traveling the United States and Australia. While studying political science and philosophy at the University of Georgia, she founded the Georgia Dance Team, which she still coaches. Post-graduation, she served as the campus campaign director for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. An avid traveler, reader, and bargain hunter, K.A. lives in Athens, Georgia, with her husband and two puppies, Riker and Lucy.
♥READ THE SERIES♥